September 16, 2009

Carrot Chips



Night before last I made carrot chips ...

I wasn't too sure about this one since (1) the pictures from the recipe didn't look very appetizing and (2) I'm not much of a carrot fan in the first place. But somehow I ended up with two bags of carrots that need to be used up, so I gave it a shot. I have to say, they turned out surprisingly tasty!

And they're super easy to make!

Just thinly slice some carrots and cook them in coconut oil on the stovetop until they're crispy. Make sure to flip them to keep them from getting too crispy (but, to be honest, mine were a little charred and still tasted yummy). Move from pan to paper towel to drain/cool. Then eat.

I ate them plain, but you could add sea salt or cinnamon for different tastes. The originally recipe also suggested cutting them into longer slices and making fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment