May 13, 2010

Mojito talapia salad

This salad and mojito were light and refreshing and well deserved after the mess I made making it. When I made it I spilled the marinade all over myself and the soda water exploded when I made the mojtio. It was a mess.





Mojito Marinade
INGREDIENTS
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup rum
1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
2 limes juiced
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon kosher

PREPARATION
Place garlic, mint, rum, lime zest, lime juice, honey, oil and salt in a food processor. Pulse. Pour the marinade 1-gallon sealable plastic bag for marinating. Add protein and marinate in the fridge for an hour.

Grill or bake your protein. Then add it to the salad

**I used talapia I baked it in foil for 40 mins at 350 degrees.

Salad:
2 cups lambs lettuce
1/4 cup mint
1/2 cucumber chopped
Strawberries, chopped

Lime and olive oil to dress the salad


-- Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment