September 22, 2009

Apple spice muffins


I went apple picking this weekend. I couldn't think a better use for fresh picked apples than spiced apple muffins. I adapted this recipe from the recipe that Bridget posted to the CFPT blog yesterday.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Dry Ingredients:
1/2 cup of coconut flour (I used dried coconut that I ground in the food processor)
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon medium grind sea salt
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/8 cup ground flax

In a medium size bowl combine the dry ingredient and briskly whisk until all lumps are removed.

Add:
1/3 cup of coconut oil
1/4 cup of honey
Splash of lime juice

Melt together on the stove top, just until melted (don’t get it hot, otherwise it could cook your eggs prematurely).
And:
3 eggs, lightly whisked.

Whisk until everything is well combined, and then add:
3/4 cup of shredded apples (wash, and core the apples, and then shred, peel and all)
I used 1.5 granny smith apples.

Divide between 24 mini-muffin tins, and bake for about 17 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the middle of the muffin.




No comments:

Post a Comment